You can easily set up your Iridium 9575 Extreme satellite phone to send an SMS message, email, and call an emergency contact when in the Emergency Mode. Your phone goes into the Emergency Mode when you push the SOS button or manually select it from the phone’s menu. The following are the instructions on how to set up your 9575 phone for emergency messaging.
1. From your phone’s main screen, select Menu.
2. Select Setup
3. Select Location Options
4. Select GPS Options
5. Select GPS Update Options
a. Select the updating frequency you would like
b. Go Back to Location Options
6. Select Emergency Options
7. Select Emergency Actions. Select if you would like to Message and Call, Message Only, or Call Only.
8. Select Emergency Beep. Enable Emergency Beep if you would like the phone to beep while in Emergency Mode.
9. Select Message Recipient
a. Highlight the first entry and Select Options
b. Select Edit
c. If you would like to send an SMS message:
i. Select Enter Number
ii. Enter the emergency contact phone number you would like to send the SMS message to when in Emergency Mode. Remember to always precede the phone number with 00 or the + sign, then the country code.
iii. Select OK
d. If you would like send an email:
i. Select Edit
ii. Select Enter Email
iii. Enter the email address of your emergency contact
iv. Select OK
e. Fill in the other two emergency contact entries if desired
f. Select Back
10. Select Call Recipient
a. Enter the phone number for the emergency contact you would like to call when in Emergency Mode. Remember to always precede the phone number with 00 or the + sign, then the country code.
b. Select Save
11. Select Back
12. Select Message Options
13. Select Regular Update
14. Select Update Frequency and choose the update frequency you would like. Your emergency contact will be updated according to the frequency you select.
15. Select Update Recipient.
a. Select Edit
b. Select Enter Number if you would like to send updating via SMS
i. Enter the contact phone number. Remember to always precede the phone number with 00 or the + sign, then the country code.
ii. Select OK
c. Select Enter Email if you will be updating via Email
i. Enter the contact email address
ii. Select OK
iii. Select Back
16. Select Back
17. Select Back
18. Select Format
19. Select Position. Select the position format you would like for your emergency message.
20. Select Altitude. Select your altitude to be shown in Feet or Meters.
21. Push the End Call key to go back to your main screen.
Now you are all set up to use the Emergency Mode.